Hello lovely readers,
I love truffles and today I thought why not make them? So i did and they were utterly delicious!!! 🙂 Anyway, I thought I’d share the recipe with you in case anybody wants to make truffles as well!
Makes: 30 truffles
- 5 tablespoons double cream
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed
- 300g any chocolate (I used dark chocolate), chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Prep: 30min › Cook: 10min › Extra time: 2hr chilling
- Gently heat the cream in a saucepan until it comes to a simmer. Add the butter and stir. Once butter is melted, add the chopped chocolate. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, until firm.
- Roll the mixture into 2 to 3cm balls. For best results, use a melon baller, though a small teaspoon can also be used. Roll each ball in the cocoa powder.
A few ideas:
Instead of rolling the truffles in cocoa powder, you can roll them in finely chopped nuts, desiccated coconut, decorative sugar strands or anything else!
So I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you so much for reading this!
Lots of love,